Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Reset password functionality is not working

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by puneetS-3 3 years, 9 months ago.

Author

I have created a reset password page using "[reset password form]" shortcode in combination with forgot password page using "[forgot password form]" shortcode.

Forgot password page:

[wpv-forgot-password-form redirect_url='/login/' reset_password_url='/reset-password/']

Reset Paswword Page:

[wpv-reset-password-form redirect_url='/login/' reset_password_url='/reset-password/']

When the user requests to reset his/her password using forgot password form an email with reset password is sent to him/her and using that link he/she is redirected to reset password page which is working fine as expected. But the thing is wrong with the reset password URL that contains a unique key for each user. After filling up the password and confirm password field the error says "Invalid Url" is shown.
I found the issue with all accounts having domain "gmail.com and outlook.com"(example@gmail.com or example@outlook.com). But it is working fine for my company domain "krenovate.com". I am able to reset my password with the account having an email as example@krenovate.com.

I found this similar to my problem: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/password-reset-functionality-not-working-correctly/

Thanks

My issue is resolved now

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.