Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Reset button working as submit button

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by stefanp 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

On 3 sites I have, the "reset" button seems to be working the same as the "submit" button : it doesn't clear the form.

I am trying to reset the form

I visited these URL : hidden link and hidden link

I expected to clear the form, but instead, I got the same page results

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Let me see how best I can assist you with this one. To ensure that this issue is not being cause by a plugin conflict I would recommend that you temporarily disable all your non-toolset plugins and check the button again and see if it starts working again.

If not could you copy and paste the shortcode in you view filter output so I take a look at it.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi,

I did deactivate all plug-ins except Toolset's but am still unable to clear the form.

Here is the code in the view filter for the first site :

[wpv-filter-start hide="false"]
[wpv-filter-controls]
<div id="filtrage">
<div><span class="bleu">constructeurs</span><br />[wpv-control-set url_param="wpv-pr-child-of" ancestors="constructeurs"]
[wpv-control-item type="select" ancestor_type="constructeurs" default_label=""]</div>

<div>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]<span class="bleu">disponibilité / état</span><br /> [/wpml-string] [wpv-control taxonomy="etat-machine" url_param="wpv-etat-machine" type="select" taxonomy_order="ASC" taxonomy_orderby="name" hide_empty="false"]
 </div>

<div>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]<span class="bleu">Type de machine (mécanique)</span><br />[/wpml-string] [wpv-control field="type-machine-mecanique" url_param="type-machine-mecanique" type="checkboxes" auto_fill="wpcf-type-machine-mecanique" auto_fill_sort="asc"]

[wpv-filter-submit name="Rechercher" type="button"]
[wpv-filter-reset reset_label="Réinitialiser" type="button"]

</div></div>

[/wpv-control-set]
[/wpv-filter-controls]
[wpv-filter-end]

And for the second site :

[wpv-filter-start hide="false"]
[wpv-filter-controls]
<div id="filtrage">

<p>Affinez votre recherche soit par [wpml-string context="wpv-views"]<span class="intitule">DEPARTEMENT(S) DESSERVI(S)</span>[/wpml-string] [wpv-control field="departements" url_param="departements" type="select" auto_fill_default="Sélectionnez un département" auto_fill="wpcf-departements" auto_fill_sort="asc"] soit par [wpml-string context="wpv-views"]<span class="intitule">MARQUE</span>[/wpml-string] [wpv-control field="marque" url_param="marque" type="select" auto_fill_default="Sélectionnez une marque" auto_fill="wpcf-marque" auto_fill_sort="asc"] </p>

[wpv-filter-reset reset_label="Réinitialiser" type="input"]
[wpv-filter-submit name="Lancez la recherche" type="button"]

</div>

[/wpv-filter-controls]
[wpv-filter-end]

Thanks for your help

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for providing me with the output code.

I was not able to see an issue with the code. Also testing the reset button on a sample site I have works as intended.

Would it be possible to recreate the view ? or a secondary view for testing ? This will help to identify if there is something wrong with the view itself or if the problem is something deeper.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
Shnae

HI,

I did check with the default WordPress theme and it works. Indeed, the bug is not on your side : I contacted the support for the theme I use, because the free version works fine, the pro version doesn't (like I said earlier, bugs with the parametric search). Apparently, something to do with the jQuery update since WordPress 4.5

Thanks a lot anyway for your support !

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.