Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Require name and email to create content

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Clay 6 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: require name and email to create content

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see:

Instead, I got: I created a form to enable users to add a new blog post from the front end. I want to require name and email (if user is not logged in), just like the standard WP "leave a reply" scenario. Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Clay,

Thanks for contacting us.

The user information will automatically be passed with the view. Meaning that when a logged in user creates a post, their username will become the post author information so they will be the author of that post.

The reason why comment forms have a name field is that guests can post comments as well and they would need a way to identify the guests.

Right. I want this to be just like the comment form thing. If not logged in they must enter name and email. Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Clay,

I did some reading on this.

It does not seem to be possible to set an author for guest users. The post will be posted without an author.

The reason for this is that an author must be a user within the system. If the guest is not a user then the post author will be set as empty.

With this then it's not possible to have a guests being authors.

OK. Thanks.