Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Replacing wordpress registration form with my custom user registration form?

This support ticket is created 5 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by anandG-3 5 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hello, how do I replace the default wordpress registration form with my custom user registration form?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - It's hard to say from where your current registration form is rendered theme/plugin. Basically - You should hide/remove the existing form which displayed from your theme or any plugin you are using. Then, Create a new registration form using Toolset Forms plugin.

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/publish-content-from-the-front-end/forms-for-registering-users/

Maybe I could request Nigel for helping out? This input is not solving my problem at all.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Sure - passing this ticket to NIgel.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Anand

Can I clarify what you are aiming to do?

The default WordPress registration form will be displayed at site.com/wp-login.php?action=register

If you create a custom registration form with Toolset that means adding it to a static page, e.g. site.com/register

You create a link for users to register (e.g. in your page header) that points to that static page, and you don't link to the normal WordPress registration form from anywhere, so users don't see it.

What is it that you are trying to do that is different from the above?

Hi Nigel, 🙂

Thanks for your lucid reply. It makes things simple.

However, there's couple of things here.

a) I am using elementor, and they have a login widget, which opens up the defacto wordpress login/register url. So was wondering if there was a way to replace that url with toolset url. But I guess that question should go to elementor.

b) I want to ensure that the email that people enter when they fill up a registration form, belongs to them. For that I want to send a link on email, clicking on which should verify that the email address is indeed theirs and then they can be redirected to login. I had asked that on a separate thread and I am sure it can be done, so I thought let me ask if you could guide as to how we can use the toolset notifications system to do the same.

Thank You very much.
Anand

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I'm not sure what customisation is possible with the elementor login widget, but from your description it sounds like you should make a registration page and then simply insert a link to that page, rather than use a login widget at all.

The second question sounds somewhat redundant. If you autogenerate the username/password with the registration form and send them in a notification to the email address specified in the registration form, then the email address *must* be valid or the user can't access the site.

Ouch. You are so right Nigel. I am sorry. Guess sometimes things right in front of our eyes create a blind spot. Thank you on both the inputs that you provided.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.