Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Replace calendar date picker filed with just a text field

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 35 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I think it's fixed, as none of my tests have failed so far. I've tested as a logged-out User and I've tested in Safari. I think that was the source of the form submission problem...nothing Toolset-related. A server configuration update was invalid. Be sure to inform everyone who makes changes to this site regularly they must pull down the latest php.ini file from the server to their local repository before making any adjustments.

Now back to the original issue. We have deleted the DOB field from the Form, we have added the Age field in the Form, and we are now showing Age instead of DOB in the Puppies for Sale page and in the single Dogs for Sale template. Any other places we have overlooked so far?

YaY!!! it worked. Thank you!
So for all my other sites that use the calendar, should I just leave them alone or is it something that can be done without going through all this? This lady has 3 sites total.
Also, I'm the only one that updates the site. I don't normally go in and work on the php files, etc. The sites were just moved over to a new faster server. Could that be an issue?

I just noticed the pay now buttons are not there. I had someone a year ago, update the toolset script I was using. Everything was in a module I think. Look at another site for this lady and you can see what I'm talking about.
fosterstinyyorkies.com

New threads created by Christian Cox and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/pay-now-buttons-are-not-visible/

So for all my other sites that use the calendar, should I just leave them alone or is it something that can be done without going through all this?
The pain of this ticket was not related to Toolset, it was related to server configurations that were modified outside of Toolset. So before you make changes to add this new field on the other sites, try submitting some posts with the New Submission form and see if the Form works correctly before you make any changes. If so, then adding the new field shouldn't be a big deal at all, just don't let anyone modify the php.ini file.

Also, I'm the only one that updates the site. I don't normally go in and work on the php files, etc. The sites were just moved over to a new faster server. Could that be an issue?
A faster server would not be an issue per se, but if it's misconfigured then it could be a problem. I have no idea how the php configuration file was created or updated here, I can only say it was created or updated incorrectly with the wrong values. Someone just made a typo.

I just noticed the pay now buttons are not there.
I'll split that into another ticket so someone can help investigate the issue as soon as possible.

Please see her other site that was developed off the same toolset plugins and set up.
It has a READ MORE Button on the main page for sale and on the single page it has a Make Payment button
hidden link

Okay another ticket has been created for that issue: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/pay-now-buttons-are-not-visible/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.