Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Repeating Group problem

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by CraigS3893 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 14.16.06.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 14.15.43.png

Having a problem with a repeating group on a client's site. The group contains a WYSIWYG field and since updating to 3.3.5 I can no longer switch between Visual and Text mode.

Screengrabs show the errors from the inspector and the wysiwyg which is stuck on Text mode.

An example page of where they display is here: hidden link

This worked prior to the update, as I managed to add content to these fields with no issues.

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 14.38.01.png

Just noticed the button to add a new item isn't working either. The button container is there, but has no text where it should say "Add New...." - tried on my dev version of the site, which is still on 3.2.7 and it all works fine.

I've had to revert back to 3.2.7 as the client is working on the site today.

Can you please advise when this is fixed before I upgrade this plugin again?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

WYSIWYG.PNG

Hi Craig,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I took a look at this and tried to replicate the issue but it works fine on my end. See Screenshot.

It could quite possibly be a conflict with some JS code of another plugin. I see you have very few plugins installed so I would recommend disabling them and quickly swapping the theme to see if the issue occurs.

If you're unable to do this you can provide me with a copy of your site to setup here locally to run some test.

To provide the copy please follow the instructions in the link below.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Craig,

This is not a duplicator package from the site ?

I can try restoring this backup however it will take some time to do.

Also since it is not a duplicator package then you will need to provide me with the admin credentials for the site so that I can log in .

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane
Sorry forgot the login details. I have already set you up as a user on the DB attached in the dropbox files.

U: devuser
P: adTSTS335x$

Shane
Supporter

Hi Craig,

I'm still having issues with the backup you've sent.

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the site so that I can create a copy using the duplicator plugin ?

The private fields have been enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane
Sorry missed the private fields and it published the logins publically. Can you activate again please?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Craig,

I've enabled them once more.

I've installed duplicator and have the files to share, can you provide a secure reply please?

Need secure reply form...

Shane
Supporter

Private fields

Shane
Supporter

Hi Craig,

So I'm not able to replicate this issue on your duplicator package.

The field works fine for me in the RFG.

I'm not sure if it is possible for you to switch to a default theme because I realise your theme is through some deprecated functions error.

Could you try installing one of the default wordpress themes and checking again to see if the issue remains for you.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane
I can't try a default theme on the live site but I did try updating my localhost version to 3.3.5 and it works locally without any problem.

Tried updating the live site to 3.3.5 and the error is still there (same version of WP 5.2.3 , same browser Chrome 77.0.3865.90).

It seems to work in Firefox, but not in Chrome. And it works in Chrome locally, but not on the live site.

Can you activate the private fields and I'll give you access to the live site to see if you're getting the same error in the console?

Hi Shane
Worked it out. I created a staging version on the live server. This worked as expected. The only difference between the auto-generated staging sites on my hosting company, and the live sites, is that the staging sites don't use the Stack Cache plugin.

So, the problem was simply cache related. Hard-refresh fixed it.

Thanks for your help, sorry it was such a weird one!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.