Skip Navigation

[Resolved] repeating fields content lost

This support ticket is created 5 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alexd-6 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi, the problem from the post https://toolset.com/forums/topic/repeating-fields-content-lost/#post-766504 is not gone!

sorry but the problem persists always.

It remove on one point all pictures vom post_meta table all images from an CPT of types. All other fields and pictures running fine but something like this will be removed. (50398, 2130, 'wpcf-bilderobjekt', 'hidden link'),
only the first image of the repeating field exists after i lost all second, thirds, fourth, fifth, etc. pictures from the CPTs.

I installed the activity log and the user when it was changed but i cant find the problem..

Can you have another look at it?

Thanks alex - i find no way out..

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - I need more details here - where I can see this field "wpcf-bilderobjekt" - to which post type or post field group this field is connected?

Additionally - I can see that you are using repeating fields within post relationship table when you edit your project posts, please remove repeating fields from post relationship table as its not supported. Please check following image:
=> hidden link

You should be able to remove the repeating fields from your post relationship box by :
=> Edit your post type from Toolset => Post types
=> Navigate to section "Beitragsbeziehungen (übergeordnet / untergeordnet)"
=> Click on link "Felder auswählen)" avialable with each post type and uncheck the repeating field and save the post type

i commented your text:

Well - I need more details here - where I can see this field "wpcf-bilderobjekt" - to which post type or post field group this field is connected?

! - in cpt Objekte

Additionally - I can see that you are using repeating fields within post relationship table when you edit your project posts, please remove repeating fields from post relationship table as its not supported. Please check following image:
=> hidden link

! i removed it now.

You should be able to remove the repeating fields from your post relationship box by :
=> Click on link "Felder auswählen)" avialable with each post type and uncheck the repeating field and save the post type

! But i wanna have the repeating fields in the posttype Objekte. It works the most time - i dont want to remove i wanna have 5 oder more pictures here: hidden link

But was is wrong? the repeating field in the Posttype Ansprechpartner is not relevant for the "delete of the images" in Posttype Objekte!? - This happens only sometimes by the User "herbert heim"

thx for more help and anything

best regards - alex

Minesh
Supporter

! But i wanna have the repeating fields in the posttype Objekte. It works the most time - i dont want to remove i wanna have 5 oder more pictures here:
==> Well - Its Ok - you can even add 50 more as its repeating field but I would like to know when you say it happens sometimes with user "herbert heim" - I need exact steps to reproduce the issue and what will be the access details for user "herbert heim"?

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hey,

it happend when he add a "Bilder" (field) to posttype "Objekte" or add to a image new description..

and it happens not all the time. I dont know exactly what it is..

thx for your help - alex

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I tried to create a new post as you can see here:
=> hidden link

I've uploaded 7-8 images and deleted couple of as well and all working fine. I do need clear steps to reproduce the issue. I see this is working fine. If I do not able to reproduce the issue I do not able to do much here.

Hey, now it happens!

You go to make a ne "objekt" and in all other "objekte" all "Bilder" removed but not the first in "Bilder"!

hidden link

thanks alex

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I do not see the issue you are telling - I can still see all the images of repeating filed.

Also - when editing the project post - I can still see that for "object" post type within post relationship box there is notice to remove the repeating field from it. Could you please remove it.

Also - please share clear step details how can I see the issue.

hey, but cant i use repeating fields use so? - The Child of "Projekte" named "Objekte" cant have the repeating field "Bilder"?

How can i use it so? Shall i habe fields like "Bild1" "Bild2" "Bild3" and so on..? - This isnt a Function like repeating fields..

When i show the fields like screenshot - where all fields updated?

hidden link

thanks

Minesh
Supporter

hey, but cant i use repeating fields use so? - The Child of "Projekte" named "Objekte" cant have the repeating field "Bilder"?
==> You are not following what I am saying. You can obviously use repeating fields with your post type but NOT within the post relationship box.

So - As I shared screenshot before - you need to remove the repeating field display from "post relationship box" as shown in the following screenshot:
=> hidden link

And to remove the repeating field display within the "post relaitonship box" You need to follow the following sptes:
You should be able to remove the repeating fields DISPLAY from your post relationship box by :

How can i use it so? Shall i habe fields like "Bild1" "Bild2" "Bild3" and so on..? - This isnt a Function like repeating fields..
==> No need to do anything. You can use repeating field but NOT within the post relationship box.

When i show the fields like screenshot - where all fields updated?
=> You need to select what fields you want to display for each post type. (just exclude repeating field)

Hi,

now i think i got the problem solved.

When i dont select the fields of child content "Objekte" to something like this, without the repeating fields.

hidden link

Than Can i save a "Projekt" without updating the images of child "Objekte"! - Can it be that that removes the Images "Bilder" but not the First from "Objekte"?

thx

Minesh
Supporter

Glad to know that your problem is fixed.

You just need to remember simple thing that you should not use repeating field within post relationship box. If you want to update/add repeating field values - you should do it by editing the specific post you want to update - you should not update it from "post relationship box" as you notice already - it will cause data loss.

Minesh
Supporter

I hope your issue is resolved - can you please close this ticket. Please feel free to open a new ticket with you each new question.

Thx for the help!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.