Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Repeating Field slider opens twice.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to: Displays images in a Slider

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see:Included a Repeating Field / Gallery in a view and selected the display setting:Slider

Instead, I got: When I select the image two pictures open and there is an odd "Image 6 of 15" text at the bottom of the seconded image that display. I only have five images in the galley so I'm not sure what the numbers are.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I assume that you are talking about this slider, right? hidden link

I am sorry, I did not understand what the issue is. Please explain in steps like:
1. I go to xxx
2. I do xxx
3. I expect to have xxx
4. Instead, I get xxx

Would it be possible to access your admin area and check this closely? Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

1) Go to hidden link
2) Scroll down to "Available Wedding Venues" and select the first image in the slider to the right of the Bridal Room field
3) Note you might receive an error message indicating that the image is not available (this is not a repeatable bug)
4 )Note that when selecting the first image in the slider that there are two images stacked on top of each other.
5)Note there is a caption at the bottom of the image reading "Image 10 of 126" that can confuse end users when there is not 126 images in the slider.
5) Note this bug does not occur when selecting other images.

I would also like the image to be full screen when they select the slider image, but I don't see that option.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Thank you! I can see both issues now.

It seems that two lightboxes are triggered on the same time, I suspect, that one comes from Toolset and the other one from OceanWP. I need to debug it a bit before drawing conclusions.
Would it be possible to create a staging site from the current site, where I can try other themes, and probably disable some plugins while debugging? If yes, your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely.

Or, I can work with a Duplicator copy of your website locally and check what I can find.

OceanWP was the theme recommend by Toolset so I hope it is compatible. I provided the admin credentials if you like to look in back end.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Jamal is on vacation. This is Minesh here and I will handle take care of this ticket. Hope this is OK.

Yes - I can see the issue.

I will require to check with the minimum installation but before I take any next step, would you mind to see run a small compatibility test in order to minimise the cause of the issue:

Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes? - Do you see this issue with only OceanWP theme installed?

Once I get your feedback on above questions, if you confirm the issue is with only OceanWP theme - I will run a test and get back to you but before I do that can you please share your feedback with me.

What theme would you like me to switch to for testing?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

You should try to test with default 2020 theme.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.