Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Repeating field groups

This support ticket is created 6 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author

Would it be possible (as I don't think it can be done at present) add a repeated group of fields to a CPT and not just a repeating individual field. This would be really useful functionality as at present I have to create multiple field groups that are essentially duplicates of each other (contain the same fields), and then include each one for the CPT. This is tedious and also means that I must have a fixed preset number of these field groups added to the CPT instead of a variable amount. It also means more work as the same translations need to be done repeatedly for each of the fields in the separate (but same) field groups. Futhermore the slugs for all of the (same) fields for all of the fields within all of the groups must be unique otherwise they will not appear in the CPT.

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Harvey,

Thank you for contacting Toolset support. At moment this is possible only with post relationships, please take a look at this doc:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/creating-groups-of-repeating-fields-using-fields-tables/

This is one of the highly requested feature in our forums and we are glad to inform you that future Types and Views releases will have the ability to add Groups of Repeating Fields with ease. This will be part of our major overhaul / enhancement for Types and Views so we need to wait until its all ready to be released. For the time being above is the solution.

We really appreciate that you have taken the time to provide this feedback and I agree with you that its very useful feature to have.

Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.