Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Orderby Repeating Field Group order

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How can I order a View of RFG (Repeating Field Groups) by their order in the post itself?
Means, I want the RFG to be appearing on the View as I order them in the Post Edit Screen.

Solution:
To order a Repeatable Field Group View by the order of those fields, you can use the Custom Field "toolset-post-sortorder" which is visible in the View's ordering options.

That is the field where Types stores the order of the RFG (repeatable field group) in the backend, and you'll need to use "number" as the comparison operator.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by tylerG 4 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I am trying to display the repeating field groups on the frontend in the same order as the backend. I have the View set to Menu Order but it doesn't seem to want to work. Are there additional settings to need to be implemented for repeating field groups to display in menu order?

The Menu Order is the Menu Order, not related to the Repeatable Field Groups or other orders - it is only related to the WordPress Menu Order.

To order a Repeatable Field Group View by the order of those fields, you can use the Custom Field "toolset-post-sortorder" which is visible in the View's ordering options.

That is the field where Types stores the order of the RFG (repeatable field group) in the backend, and you'll need to use "number" as the comparison operator.

Please let me know if this solves the issue you are facing.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.