Skip Navigation

[Resolved] repeatable groups not working as expected

This support ticket is created 5 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: Add a repeatable group to a toolset CPT. The repeatable group breaks the CPT insofar as when I add a repeatable group to the field group, the field group will no longer display in the /wp-admin/post page. When I remove the repeatable group, the field group reappears in the /wp-admin/post page.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got: hidden link

Hi, can you try these troubleshooting steps first?
- Temporarily deactivate all plugins except Types, and activate a default theme like Twenty Nineteen
- Test again. If the problem is resolved, reactivate your theme and other plugins one by one until the problem returns
- If the problem was not resolved, check the browser console on the post editor page and let me know if any JavaScript errors appear on this page. If so, clear your browser cache and test again.
- If no JavaScript errors appear, check the server logs for PHP errors. If you're not familiar with server logs, I can show you how to temporarily activate them. Go in your wp-config.php file and look for

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Then add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

Reload the post editor page in wp-admin. If any backend errors are thrown, this should create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents. Once that is done, you can revert the changes you made to wp-config.php and delete the log file.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.