Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Repeatable Group Titles

This support ticket is created 5 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hey Guys,

In toolset I am adding custom fields, some of which are repeatable groups, But everytime it prompts me for a title for the group item, Is it possible to link the group item title to one of the fields in the repeatable group?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Hi, there's nothing built into the system that will automatically link these two fields. The internal title is optional, so you could skip it, or copy + paste it from another field manually. From an automation standpoint, each repetition of an RFG is saved as a post. The post type is the same as the RFG slug. The parent post type and repeatable field group are in a one-to-many relationship. So if you were importing all your posts from a CSV, you could insert the custom field value as the post title. The only other ways I can think of involve custom code or direct database manipulation.

If you'd like to see a new feature added to the software, I encourage you to submit your request here: https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/
Those requests are reviewed by key decision makers when software improvements are considered.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.