Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Repeatable Group in Front end with icon picker

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by viktorI 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
2021-02-03_16-27-13.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Hello, is it possible to make a repeatable group with an icon picker and text field and make it in the front end form?

I want my members to be able to add a "features" into their property where they can choose icon and add their own text as a repeatable group

also, how to add repeatable group inside their post type form in the front end?
(to make it so member only fill up one form instead of 2 separate form)

Is there any documentation that you are following?
no

Is there a similar example that we can see?
hidden link
in the bottom of "facilities"

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Viktor,

Thank you for getting in touch.

From what I see here, it is possible to achieve. I'm assuming here that the repeatable field group will have an image field for the icon and a text field for the text that they want to add correct?

In a case like this you will need to set a custom validation for the image field so that the dimensions are small or when displaying the icon image you will need to set a fixed size on the template that is being used.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

group_field_2.jpg
group_field_1.jpg

Hi, Thanks for the reply

I will try to look into it.

also, is there anyway to make a front end-form with repeatable group to work like in the back end? I cant find repeatable group in the post form

i have found this : https://toolset.com/course-lesson/front-end-forms-for-repeatable-field-groups/

but i dont understand it, does it mean i need to make the process a 2 step? (create the post , then add in the repeatable group through separate form?)

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Victor,

You can created a repeatable field group form on the frontend, however it won't function similar to how the repeatable fields function on the backend.

How it functions s like a child post form, where you have to submit the form for each individual entry.

but i dont understand it, does it mean i need to make the process a 2 step? (create the post , then add in the repeatable group through separate form?)

Exactly as you describe it here.

Thanks,
Shane

Hello

Thank You, i will look into it

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.