Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Repeatable group forms

This support ticket is created 4 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Author

I am trying to:
have a page with a form that allow me to input the meeting minutes information , then the repeatable group for the items being discussed in the meeting. I understand the concept that you need to save it first, I have tested and it works fine in the back end. But in regards to a front end form, how does it work? I have the form made up, but somehow the repeatable group shows just a drop down window, but the content is yet to be written.

How do I save it and continue adding the repeatable fields without having to go to secondary part and find the minutes in question click edit to then write the discussion as it is happening in the meeting? I wanted it to be done in the front end, without much back and fort. the videos only show how the repeatable group works in the back end, not in a front end form.

thanks

Right now, you cannot create Repeatable Field Groups in the same Form you use to create the parent post. Here's an article that discusses how you can create RFGs with Forms: https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/creating-and-displaying-repeatable-field-groups/front-end-forms-for-repeatable-field-groups/

I also created a small code snippet that can help you redirect to the parent post after creating the RFG in Forms:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/workflow-for-frontend-editing-of-repeatable-field-groups/
This is helpful so you can create a new RFG quickly.

Let me know if you have questions about this.

Hi Chris,

I am not so savvy on codes. where should I save it into? let me see if I understand the process. it will create a redirection so I can use the same form that was originally submitted?

if so should I also get a edit form ready since it this will have to use the functionality to write on a previously submitted form.

Is it the concept?

You can save this code into your child theme's functions.php file, or you can create a new code snippet in Toolset > Settings > Custom Code. The idea is your user creates a parent post first. Then they are redirected to the parent post. From here, they can see a list of all the RFG associated with the parent post. At first, there are none. So you show a link like "Create a new RFG". That link redirects the User to the new RFG form. When the Form is submitted, the User is redirected to the parent post. Here they can see the RFG was added to the parent post. You can show the "Create a new RFG" link again, so they can click the link and create a new RFG.

Thank you Christian, the explanation was helpful to me. I will try to employ it, see if all is good then I close the ticket.

I appreciate your time.

Miller

You're welcome. If you need assistance customizing the code snippet, let me know.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.