Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Repeatable field group doesn’t show in the right order on the front end

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Repeatable field group doesn't show in the right order on the front end

Solution:
User has not configured the orderby configuration for the view correctly.

You can find the proposed solution, in this case with the following reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/repeatable-field-group-doesnt-show-in-the-right-order-on-the-front-end/#post-1222918

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 5 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jean-francoisB 4 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Screenshot_2019-03-23 Big Sky - John's Bedroom.png
Screenshot_2019-03-23 Edit View ‹ John's Bedroom — WordPress.png
Screenshot_2019-03-23 Edit product ‹ John's Bedroom — WordPress.png

Hi,

I have a view that show a repeatble group of field for my WooCommerce products. When I create a new product and add fields in Product Variations and that I try to change the order of them after, the order is not changing on the front end. I also followed instruction on this page (https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/creating-and-displaying-repeatable-field-groups/#displaying-repeatable-field-groups-in-custom-order) and that change nothing in my case.

You can find a 3 print screen attached. One showing the view the product edit in the back end with the repeatable fields, one with the view in the back end and one with the result on the front end. You can tell that the order are not the same between the backend and the frontend.

What can I do to fix this and the make order on the frontend sync with the order I decide in the backend?

Thank you very much!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - can you please share access details so I can check whats going wrong on your setup.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Well - I've set the ordering section as per the following screenshot:
=> hidden link

The issue was you added the view to your content template as given under:

<div id="prod-options" class="row">
	[wpv-view name="product-variation" orderby="ID" order="asc"]
</div>

I've change the above view shortcode as given under:

<div id="prod-options" class="row">
	[wpv-view name="product-variation"]
</div>

I can see its working fine - Can you please confirm?
=> hidden link

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.