Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Reorder Post/Term Field Groups in Admin

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by geophray 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Selection_003.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I've created a number of custom field groups... some for posts and some for terms. Some of these fields are used across multiple CPT or taxonomies, so I grouped them into smaller groups as needed rather than putting them all in a single field group. I did this so I could associated a particular subset of fields to multiple taxonomies or post types rather than having to create duplicate fields in separate groups, or to have extraneous fields showing up in posts/terms that don't use them.

This introduces a little hiccup though, as I don't see any way to re-order/organize the post groups within a particular post/term admin edit page. They seem to be output in whatever order they were created. Is there a way to manually arrange the order that post groups will display in the admin side of wordpress?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No. I haven't been able to find any that addresses this issue.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
See the attached screenshot as an example. This is in the edit page for a term in the categories taxonomy. I'd like to be able to move the "Introductory Quotations" field group to be above the "Archive Long Description" field group.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

You are right. There is no way to re-order the custom field group from the custom field group screen.

The only way I can see to re-order the custom field group is when you are editing your post and you can drag-drop the custom field group at the position you want from the admin edit page. Please check the screenshot:
=> hidden link

However - you can raise your voice to add this feature by filing a new feature request using the following link. This will allow you to raise your voice in front of our product manager:
=> https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

Thank you Minesh. I have created a feature request as you suggested. Appreciate you taking the time to respond. Have a nice day!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.