Skip Navigation

[Resolved] removing "edit one" from a rule but the user can still post content

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

i added a new rule level 1, user of this rule is suppose to be able to add content only to a specific post type and only edit there own.
So I marked all other post types to manage by access & gave the level 1 rules only view rights. Except for the specific post type they should use.
Still, when I log in as level 1 user I can post regular posts, add media ect.
So first I have to find why my access control is not working the way I expected ,
second it will be better if I can hide all unnecessary items from the admin menu for level 1 user.

Dear nimrod,

I can not duplicate same problem, see below test site:
hidden link
admin user: xgren/111111
Level 1 user: xgrentest/123456
In admin side, the access settings:
hidden link
If you login with the Level 1 user "xgrentest", you will not be able to edit/publish posts in other post type, for example:
hidden link

You are using old version of Access, please update it to the latest version of Access 2.0, and test again.

OK, thanks
a. i updated the plugin.
b. in your test site, the user xgrentest can publish regular posts & "cpt 1s" posts, what I am trying to do is let him post only on the costume post type.

Sorry, I checked again in the test site, the user "xgrentest" should be in level 1 user role "Subscriber",

Please login with admin user "xgren", and see the setting of "xgrentest":
hidden link

then login with user "xgrentest", see the result:
hidden link

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.