Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Remove the word "Archive" from Archive page titles

This support ticket is created 5 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by liatG 5 years, 8 months ago.

Author

Hi there,
I'm using Toolset with Astra Pro. On my custom post types Archives pages, the page header has the word "Archives:" and I'm trying to get rid of it. Can you help me do so?
When I go to the theme option on my custom Layouts and select "Archive Title" -> disable, nothing happens. The word "Archives:" persists.
Here's an example: hidden link
Thanks for any help!
Liat

I just tested this and it works fine.

I added a CPT, created an Archive Layout with Cell for it in Toolset Layouts, disabled the Archive Title and viewed that archive.
It shows no title.

This must be either a conflict or version problem
I used the latest Toolset and the native AstraVersion: 1.4.1 (not sure if they have another version yet, I saw no updates)
The ones online I have no access to:
hidden link

Eventually you can add a copy of your site, so it's easier for me to replicate and report in case this its not solved without any other software (or I do miss a step to replicate it)
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks!

Thank you so much! I guess I was referring to the WordPress Archive pages that come natively with the content types. On those pages I can't remove the word "Archive." But I see that I can make a custom archive for each custom post type.

I just wanted to alert you to the fact that this doesn't work for the standard WordPress Archive pages.

Thank you for your help.

Hi there,
Please disregard my last answer. I didn't know what I was talking about.
I am definitely having a problem with this - I did the same thing you did and I still have the word "Archives:.." on every archive page.

I tried but was unable to upload a copy of my site with Duplicator as per your instructions.
However I did make you an admin login to my site. Can you still help?

Thank you for helping me solve this.

New threads created by Beda and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-remove-the-word-archive-from-archive-page-titles/

Please do not publish your access data to your website.
We do have private forms in place for this so the security is not compromised

You can use that when you open a new thread or after a Supporter enables it for you upon request or necessity.

I split the ticket to a new one which will be handled by a Supporter here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-remove-the-word-archive-from-archive-page-titles/

Thank you Beda. Sorry about publishing that info. I appreciate your help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.