Skip Navigation

[Resolved] remove slug?

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by thomasS-11 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ana.

Author

How do i remove the slug in custom post type?
i created a post type called "Services" , so now the posts shows services/postname
i want to use the permalink of "Services" for another page, but when i go to /services, i get a list (archive) of all my services post types .. ??
I dont wish to have a page with all "services" shown at all .. ill include my own services through views (this is why i bought views!!!!!!!!) - no i dont need help for views.
So please tell me how i remove the Services page (or any page that is the same name as the slug!!)

Thank you.

I dont mean to be rude, but if this is paid support, why dont you have direct contact for clients?
Also, i noticed more and more fresh topics are getting answered but this is left without answer.. this was certainly not the support i expected when it said: Premium support.
This is the same type of support as free users get.

Ana
Supporter

Dear Thomas,

you can use the options for Types when defining the settings fro your custom post type.
In the Advance options you have one for 'has_archive' uncheck this and the archive page will not be indexed, thus allow you to specify an page with that slug and use Views there.

Regards,
Ana

Thanks alot 🙂