Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Remove post related form fields from post type

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user wanted to limit his custom field group to a single CPT

Solution:

You can actually do this by going to your field group under the setting Appears On, you can select the CPT that this field group should only appear on.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jim 5 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Jim

I have two post types: articles and authors
It is a many to many relationship.

Now when I edit an article the fields from the 'authors' are added to the backend post type fields.
I know I can hide them with the visibility settings but some fields are required I cannot save an article without entering the author details too.

At the bottom of all the fields there you can select the author(s) that is great and I want to only use this feature to add authors to articles.

How can I remove the post related form fields from the article edit screen?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jim,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Do you mean that the custom fields that you want to use for another CPT is showing on this CPT ?

If so then you can go to the field group and under the setting Appears On, you can select the CPT that this field group should only appear on.

Thanks,
Shane

Jim

Hard to find but great, found it!
Thnx Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.