Skip Navigation

[Closed] Reminder email is not sent when expected

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

We are also expecting the notifications to be sent 1 day before the event date, but they are going a week before instead.

This is the form where the email is setup - hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

I worked on the local copy and I was able to change the scheduling of the reminder notification many times without noticing any inconsistencies or emails sent on different schedules.

I would like to get access to the database to check if updating the form notification/expiration schedule will be reflected in the database. Usually, I use the Adminer script to query the database, for that, I'll need FTP access to your site. I'll upload Adminer and remove it once I have finished. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely.

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you for the credentials and my apologies for the late reply, but I do not work on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

I checked the database and the notification settings are correctly saved in the database. The notification should work as expected from now on.

Can you confirm, when does the issue happened for the last time?
Are you able to reproduce the issue? If, yes, can you tell us what steps should I repeat to trigger the issue?

image_2020-10-26_112950.png
image_2020-10-26_112820.png

Hi Jamal,

Please see attached screenshots of some emails that are wrong, please note the sent time and the date of the event in the subject.

Jamal
Supporter

I took a recent Duplicator copy of your website and I'll analyze it locally. I'll get back to you as soon as I have something to share.

In the meantime, I'll suggest that you remove the current notification, save the form, and create it again, maybe some cache is still holding the old configuration of the notification.

Jamal
Supporter

From what I gathered so far, there is a custom code on the child theme that is modifying the expiration time of the Offer post. The new expiration time is based on the parent "Opportunity" offer.

So, I changed the form configuration locally to be as follow:
- Post expires in 6min.
- Notification sent 3 min before expiration.

When I use a default theme such as TwentyTwenty. The notification is sent after 3-4 minutes.
When I use your child theme, the notification is not sent in 3-4 minutes.
When I use the parent theme (The7), the notification is sent in 3-4 minutes.

Even, when I disable the following code from the child theme, the notification is still not sent. I am not sure if there is any other custom code that interferes with this. Can you elaborate more on why do you change the expiration time in the child theme's functions.php file lines 368-380?
Is there any other custom code that is meant to change the posts created by this form?

image_2020-11-06_092858.png

Hi Jamal,

We have spent the past week, moving and recreating the system on a new subdomain, one to take some pressure off the pre-existing site and two to remove any potential conflicts. hidden link

The theatre is closed for the next month due to a national lockdown in England so a few events have been cancelled. Please see attached another screenshot of a miss-sent email. The Opportunity has been set as draft in the system yet the email was sent 6 days prior to the event's scheduled date.

Please let me know if you require login and ftp details for the new subdomain.

Thanks.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Jamal is on vacation. This is Minesh here and I'll take care of this ticket. Hope this is OK.

The post expiration time is stored as post meta and the CRON will run as per your configured settings. I will require to see if we are also considering the draft post.

Can you please share details for what event I should make a test and share access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

The topic ‘[Closed] Reminder email is not sent when expected’ is closed to new replies.