Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Relationships working on one post but not on another

This support ticket is created 5 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marcialB 5 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi there

We have a relationship that isn't working on one post. Scroll down to the Tabs and go to "Mitglieder" here: hidden link. On this post it works. On another post here hidden link it doesn't work. Both have similar entries in the backend and load the same layout.

The relationship is many-to-many and connects team members with their areas of expertise.

Do you have an idea where we have to start troubleshoot this?

Best,
Marcial

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Marcial

There are multiple examples that work and only one that doesn't?

In that case I would
- disable WPML to check the languages of the posts isn't mis-matched and affecting this
- remove all of the connections for this particular post (don't delete the posts, just remove the connections), and then re-connect the posts

It is possible that the relationship data could be compromised somehow for the individual post.

See if any of that helps, and let me know what you find.

Hi Nigel

Problem solved. The view I used had another View inside. That did work for all other posts, but not for this one, because the "outer" view didn't had any results. That seems to have broken it and not displaying the results of the "inner" view either.

For now that's okay, I'll try to find another solution later.

Best,
Marcial

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.