Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Relationships not showing up in the list

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I have a custom types PEOPLE and ART. I also have several many-to-many relationships. I have relationship ARTIST: between PEOPLE[*] <>ART[*] and relationship BUYER: PEOPLE[*] <>ART[*].

I now what to add a VIEW to the CONTENT TEMPLATE for individual ART post, the ARTIST associated with the post ART and also, as a separate VIEW the BUYER associated with each ART post. However, I’m not given that option . I’m given the option to select PEOPLE or ART but not the relationship I want to display.

Solution:

You just need to create two views, filter by different post type relationships, see our document:

Relevant Documentation:

https://toolset.com/course-lesson/displaying-related-posts/#displaying-many-related-items

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by igorL-3 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? Hello, I hope you can help me. As a preamble I have a site which was migrated from DRUPAL to WP and as a result it has generated several custom types as well as linking them in relationships. So this may not be the way to do it if one was staring from zero but I cannot start from zero as I have over 30k saved record already.

So here is the issue. I’ll try to explain it as examples. So say I have a custom types PEOPLE and ART. I also have several many-to-many relationships. I have relationship ARTIST: between PEOPLE[*] <<>>ART[*] and relationship BUYER: PEOPLE[*] <<>>ART[*].

I now what to add a VIEW to the CONTENT TEMPLATE for individual ART post, the ARTIST associated with the post ART and also, as a separate VIEW the BUYER associated with each ART post. However, I’m not given that option . I’m given the option to select PEOPLE or ART but not the relationship I want to display.

I read the documentation and watched the tutorials but the needed options (ARTIST and BUYER) isn’t available.

I’d be grateful for your guidance.

PS. Please don't ask for access to my site, I am unable to grant it as this is a dev site run on a single computer and thus is not visible from outside.

Thank you in advance

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

Hello,

It is possible, you just need to create two views, filter by different post type relationships, see our document:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/displaying-related-posts/#displaying-many-related-items
Section "Displaying many related items"

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.