Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Relationship filed is not created

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The intermediate post type does not display in admin dashboard menu

Solution:

It needs to enable option "Intermediary Post Type visible in WordPress admin menu" when you create the many-to-many relationship in step "Names"

Relevant Documentation:

100% of people find this useful.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by FRANCESCOD7762 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: create a relationship field, in the many-to-many relationship Expositions(parent)-Oeuvres(Child); when I click "Add fields" in the relationship and enter the name & description of the field, although I have an intermediary post type (exposition-oeuvre) created for that relationship, it does not save and does not show up at the bottom of the relationship page.
Also when I set the position of the intermediary post type in the admin dashboard menu, it does not work either...

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Numero accrochage

Instead, I got: [nothing]

Hello,

I assume you are going to add custom fields to the intermediary post type (exposition-oeuvre).

Please try these:
Open the URL you mentioned above:
hidden link

in the page bottom, click link "Expositions Artistes", it will redirect you to intermediary post type (exposition-oeuvre) setting page:
hidden link

Here click button "Ajouter des champs", then you will be able to setup custom fields.

Hi Luo,
Thank you for your prompt response. I realize that when I created the relationship field, I only saved the Group, without adding a field in the group... So my issue was a kind of false alert, sorry ;).
Nevertheless, the side issue I mentioned is still open (although it is a kind of "cosmetic" one) : when I set the position of the intermediary post type in the admin dashboard menu, it does not show...

Thank you for your help for this side issue.

names.JPG

The problem is the intermediate post type does not display in admin dashboard menu.

It needs to enable option "Intermediary Post Type visible in WordPress admin menu" when you create the many-to-many relationship in step "Names", see screenshot: Names.JPG

I suggest you try to re-setup the many-to-many relationship "Expositions Artistes", enable option "Intermediary Post Type visible in WordPress admin menu", and test again.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.