Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Relating two custom post types

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Adriano.

Author

Dear Sammut,

I still just seeing the correct Current Deals listed there. Sorry, but I can not see the problem, can you attach some image to help with it?

Thank you, I have attached an image in addition to the below:

When I go the the site: hidden link

I login on the sidebar with the user "bizdir-test"

After logging in I click on my account (ishot-19.png) and I brought to the account page (ishot-17.png). You will see on this page there are many current deals listed (ishot-17png).

If you then view the page for the business listing (hidden link) It only shows the deal called "Current Test" (ishot-18.png). This page should be showing all the deals.

In addition, the list of deals to edit on the Account page ((ishot-17.png)) does not even show the "Current test" Deal.

The goal I aiming for is to have such that user can add/edit multiple deals from their My Account page and these deals will display on the business listing.

Thank you very much for your help!!

Dear Sammut,

Question: After logging in I click on my account (ishot-19.png) and I brought to the account page (ishot-17.png). You will see on this page there are many current deals listed (ishot-17png)
R.: It is working fine, because the query you used was "Select posts with the author the same as the current logged in user" and these posts were created by this user, if you log with other user you will see different posts, I'm seeing just 2 when logged as "Adriano Ferreira".

Question: If you then view the page for the business listing (hidden link) It only shows the deal called "Current Test" (ishot-18.png). This page should be showing all the deals
R.: It is working fine, the query you are using is "Post type Current Deal is a child of Business Directory post type". When I access "/business-adriano/?cred-edit-form=3487" I can see the "Hello World" current deal, this is the only one current deal assigned to this business directory.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Thank you. For some reason the desired result I could not see. To simplify it I updates the deal short code to pull in the the deal of the author of the biz listing:
[wpv-view name="Current Deals List Shortcode" author="[wpv-post-author]"]

This appears to work.

Dear Sammut,

I see your changes, now you are using "Select posts which author's username is set by the View shortcode attribute author". It is ok as you need to get the posts using by the post author. Is there anything else you still need help here?

Thank you for the AWESOME help!!!!!! 🙂

You are welcome.