Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Registering sitekey wont work and updates are locked!

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user was unable to register a key for his duplicate site.

Solution:
- Removing the existing key from account page https://toolset.com/account/sites/
- Creating a new one by copy/past site URL from Settings->General, then try to register it again.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by John Mac 3 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have made another duplicate of this dev site to continue my work. But when I'm addiing it as a new site in my Toolset account to get a new sitekey, the key is not accepted in my site.

"Invalid site key for the current site."

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I searched on the database of the registered sites and I can see a new key registered today for hidden link (without the last "/"). Then I tried to register a new website and it worked without issues.

I suggest removing the existing key for "hidden link" from your account https://toolset.com/account/sites/
And creating a new one by copy/past site URL from Settings->General, then try to register it again.
If it does not work, please check with your hosting provider and check if your firewall is not blocking your registration requests.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks, I don't know what that was. But I deleted the site and added it again. Working now 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.