Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Redirect Loop (URGENT)

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice.

Last updated by Chris 8 years, 8 months ago.

Author

Everything was working great until I changed my category (taxonomy) slug from STATE to STATES.

1. I have a taxonomy slug called "state".
2. I created a page called "State" with the slug "state" to display my view template [wpv-view name="Taxonomy View"]
3. Changed the taxonomy slug to "states".
4. Changed the page slug to "states" aswell (to see the view template)
5. The "states" slug wouldn't load the page so then i changed the Page & Tax slug back to "state".

Now I have my original settings/slugs BUT i get NOTE: This webpage has a redirect loop - This site has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.

Any ideas 🙁

FIXED: I came to you guys last for help. I know youre super busy. I got some help out. To those with the same problem.

Go to your database/MySQL. Then go to wp_redirection_items. Delete the old page/slug that you are no longer using. That part did completely fix it so I permanently deleted my page in wordpress and recreated it.

Now its perfect!

Still a small issue. My taxonomies are still broken somehow?

My url looks like this at the moment: Domain.com/location/other/test-page/ ‎

and used to look like this: Domain.com/location/CALIFORNIA/test-page/ ‎

I have deleted the custom post and tried to reassign a taxonomy to the new one but nothing works.