Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Redirect after login

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I've added a view to a page so that when an unlogged in user attempts to click on a PDF download within that view/grid, it takes them to a login page. After they login, it takes them to an account page basically. But what I need it to do, is instead, after logging in, for it to take them right to the PDF that they clicked on initially, or back to that same page where they found the PDF on in the first place:)

Solution:

If it is a login from setup by Views shortcode [wpv-login-form], then it is possible to setup the redirect URL with shortcode attribute "redirect_url".

See details here:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/redirect-after-login-3/#post-1153603

Relevant Documentation:

https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-login-form

This support ticket is created 5 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jas 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

You can try to setup the links as below:

<p><a href="<em><u>hidden link</u></em> field='download-file' output='raw'][/types]" target="_blank">[wpv-post-featured-image size="medium"]</a></p>
<h4><a href="<em><u>hidden link</u></em> field='download-file' output='raw'][/types]" target="_blank">[wpv-post-title]</a></h4>

Add target="_blank" attribute to HTML a tags, more help:
hidden link
_blank Opens the linked document in a new window or tab

Jas

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.