Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Recent anomaly of the Post forms

This support ticket is created 5 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 5 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Toolset - Post forms failure.png

*Tell us what you are trying to do?
When editing or adding a form

*Is there any documentation that you are following?
No

*Is there a similar example that we can see?
No. It's a recent anomaly of the program

*What is the link to your site?
hidden link

*Description:
When editing or adding a form, the button to save form has disappeared. The editor that has lost the syntax colors does not work well either.
I do not remember having made any major changes in WordPress. I'm with version 5.0.3.
You can tell me why this problem is caused.
Thank you

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Luis

One of the recent updates to Toolset Forms moved the save button to the top of the screen so that the whole content width could be used for form editing.

This is achieved with some custom styling on the form admin pages together with a little JavaScript.

From what you are seeing it is clear the JavaScript isn't running.

Either you have JS disabled, or there is a JS error earlier on the page that prevents this particular code from running.

Could you check the browser console and see if there are any errors?

I have been checking the chrome browser console and I can not find the problem. I do not reach this technical level.
Attached the first two pages of the LOG by its extension that appears on that page to see if you can interpret the problem. If it is not enough, we contact again.
Thank you.

P.D.- I do not use chat because my English is very limited. By mail I can review and translate.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Luis

If you like I can take a look at your site and see if I can spot the errors myself?

I will mark your next reply as private so that I can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site, even though I don't intend to make any changes.

Hi, Nigel.
Last night I found the problem, thanks to your contribution about error in JS.
The problem was due to another plugin that caused error in JS.
With your contribution has helped me to disable all plugins except Toolset forms and has worked. Then I went activating one by one until I found the incompatible plugin.
The problem is solved.
Thanks for your contribution.

Nigel
Supporter

OK, that's good to know, from your previous reply I thought you had still needed help.

Let me close this then.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.