Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Real Estate Menu Does Not Update to Layout Use Changes

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How to style or overwrite Styles of any, but in special our Toolset Starter theme?

Solution:
You can use the Customizer Screen for this.
When you are on the front end of your Website and want to edit some Theme Styles, you can click on "Customize" in the Admin bar.

This will open the "WordPress Customizer"

There you can apply custom CSS in the "Custom CSS" Section.
The Changes can be previewed instantly.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/toolset-starter-theme/

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Charles 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

While using the Real Estate Reference them:

I am trying to change the default Home/Blog from 'Houses' to 'Apartments' from Layout.

I expected to see the Main Menu automatically select or highlight 'Apartments' whenever the page logo link is pressed.

Instead, the Main Menu and color scheme is still highlighting 'Houses' although the page content has been updated to Apartments.

What step(s) did I missed out?

Style Home Menu Item.png

This menu item is styled with a hardcoded style in the Theme.

It has a already a !important argument and can not be overwritten.

What you can do is remove that Widget and add your Custom Menu to the layout, with your Custom Styles.

You can also head to "customizer" and use the Style CSS menu to style your menu as you need.
There you can remove, add and change any rule you need.

I attached a Screenshot where the CSS rule is to change or add.

Thank you

Hi Beda,

Thanks for quick reply. I am still very new to coding. Please pardon me if I don't get exactly what you are explaining :p

I don't mean to change the color schemes for each custom Post Types. I just like it to load the Apartments Type as default on Home pae. I have changed the Menu sequence as: Apartments, Houses, Land, Office.

Within Layout, I managed to change the default content to load Apartments on Home Page, but the menu highlight and color scheme is still Houses (Orange). Unless I click Apartments in Menu, then the correct color (Yellow) loads.

Which part must I modify so the Apartments menu highlight and color will be automatically selected on Home page?

This is only CSS change, not a PHP code.

To use Toolset you will need HTML and CSS a lot. We do not provide HTML and CSS in our Plugins, they only replace PHP Code.

I show in the screenshot, which line of CSS is responsible for the color of the Home Menu Item

This is in the WordPress Customizer, you do not need to open any File to edit this.

You can open the Customizer and navigate to the CSS section.

As you will see (as in my screenshot) there will be the section in the code responsible for the Home Menu Class.

You can change that color in the CSS and if you wish, add the Orange Color to another Class (menu item)

You will find the correct Class when you open your Browser Console and with the mouse Pointer that those consoles provide, you mark the desired Item.

Then it will show what class name this has, and you can add it to the CSS as in the case for the Home Menu.

Then you add the color rules for this class.

This should work fine.

Thank you

Hi Beda,

I tried but still not able to default the Home page to Apartment's Yellow color scheme. Do you mind help me with the changes if I grant you site access?

Thanks.

I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
- preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible -
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would, if possible, need access to a site where only a minimal set of Plugins and a default theme is active.
This to avoid eventual compatibility issues with other software.

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site.
This is also a reason the backup is really important

Please could you provide me the additional Infos, and as well permit me to perform the required steps?

Thank you for your patience.

Hi Beta,

I have already sent you my WP access details 3 days ago. Please have a look at it.

Thanks.

This is what I did:

Custom CSS in customizer, Line 209, the pointer for:

.home .real-estate-menu .menu-item-object-house 

changed from:

{
  background-color: #DB5800 !important;
}

to:

{
  background-color: none;
}

And the Pointer for:

.menu-item-object-apartment 

changed to:

background-color: #DEB510 !important

Is this how you needed it?

Hi Beda,

Thanks, but not really. The Menu "Apartment" shouldn't be highlighting when other Menus are selected. Can you help resolve that?

Thanks again.

Screen Shot.jpg

I like the Orange highlight on "Apt/Condos" should be off when other Menus are selected. I'm trying to find the css code responsible for this, but really no idea where it is.

Thanks.

Hi,

I managed to find the 'rouge' code causing this. Problem solved.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.