Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Read only custom field

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Puntorosso 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Is it possible to set a single custom field as read only?

Hello,

I assume we are talking about Toolset Forms, there is an option "readonly" in field shortcode [cred_field ...]

See our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-end-forms/cred-shortcodes/#cred_field
readonly. Optional. Boolean. When set to true, the field will be read only. Read-only parameter can be applied only to text controls and not to other elements, like checkboxes or buttons. Defaults to false

No, I mean the Types custom fields.

We use them on a CPT to show customer details.
As the first, last name, and email fields are fetched from the current user, we want to set them as "read-only".
This way we would "force" the editing of this field in the user area.

By the way, it would be nice if also in the Cred forms the read only option would be integrated in the form itself.
Otherwise, we would have to re-create the form field-by-field to have some .

Other forms builders (like FormidablePro) offer this option.

Unfortunately, there isn't such kind of Toolset Types plugin, you can add a feature request for it:
https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

Our developers will evaluate it.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.