Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Re-ordering of Repeatable Field Groups doesn't reflect on the front end

This support ticket is created 4 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by deepS 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi,
I have a job website with Job type post which contains Single custom fields as well as RFGs. Recently I tried to re-arrange the order of the RFGs (which contain job positions), but noticed that the same (order) is not displayed on the front-end. Please help me it resolve the issue or Is this a bug?
Thanks.

Can you try to use the toolset-post-sortorder Ordeby Option?
That should do it, please see also this DOC:
https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/creating-and-displaying-repeatable-field-groups/#displaying-repeatable-field-groups-in-custom-order

Screenshot_1.jpg

No no, I am talking about the backend. See the screenshot. That we can drag up and down. But on the front-end, it remains the same that we have created (the order) for the first time. Later on, if we change the order in the back-end, it doesn't reflect on the front-end.
Hope you understand my point.

Yes, that is why you should order the "front end", which can only be a View listing all those RFG's., to order them by the field I recommended.

A Supporter will be here with you soon, so you can look at this together if required.

There is no other way to display a RFG in the front end but with Views, and when those are ordered by that field then the order will respect what you set in the backend.

Does that not happen on your end?

Then why this dragging up and down feature is there in the backend, if that doesn't work. See I don't want any specific order like ascending or descending. I have ordered the RFGs in the backend for visual comfort and so I want them on the front-end too. Hope you got my point.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

When you re-order the repeatable field groups in the backend, that order is stored in a custom field "toolset-post-sortorder".

So when you display the repeatable field groups in the front end you can set the orderby option to be ordered by that custom field, and then the field groups will display in the same order as the back end.

If you have already done this and it doesn't work then please let me know, thanks.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.