Home › Toolset Professional Support › [Resolved] Rating
This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.
Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.
Tagged: Content-submission forms, Toolset Forms, Views, Views plugin
This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.
Last updated by joseH-4 7 years, 4 months ago.
Assigned support staff: Beda.
Can you recommend a rating plug-in which goes well with Classifieds?
One where users can rate Listings and nothing else?
All which I have tried so far do not work because either rating appears elsewhere as well or even several times on one page/listing/post
Thank you for contacting us here in the Support Forum
I don't know of any plugins that surely work, right now I would need to consult that with the 2nd Tier Support
But, have you considered using Toolset Plugins only in order to achieve your Goal?
As a simple and very basic (yet) example, you could:
1. create a "Select field" Custom Field (lets call it "Rating)
2. Add some Options, lets call them "Excellent", "Good", "Satisfying", "Bad"
3. With CRED Plugin you could then create a Form that Edits Existing content (depending on which content you want users to rate)
4. Include something like this in this new CRED Form:
[credform class="cred-form cred-keep-original"]
[cred_field field="form_messages" value=""]
<div class="cred-field cred-field-rating">
[cred_field field="rating" post="post" value="" urlparam=""]
[cred_field field="form_submit" value="Submit" urlparam=""]
5. You could then either create a Content template, or include the Custom Field and the CRED Form directly in your WP Editor (wehre you edit your content, like posts)
6. The user can then "rate" by choosing from a drop-down.
7. With Access Plugin, you can even decide what Roles can rate, and which roles can't.
You could render the rating CRED Form wherever you need it, and you can even filter your content afterwards with some Query Filters in a view.
Please consult also the screenshots about.
Here is the Related DOC:
Please let me know if you have further questions regarding the issue mentioned in this Thread
and let me know if the above solution works for you, I look forward to your reply!
thank you. I will try this
Hi Beda, I will try implementing in the way you recommended.
But, could you kindly find out (with second tier support) if there is any third party option that we could integrate with Toolset in order to achieve this rating functionality in a different way?
Known issues and solutions
Frequently asked support questions
Support tickets archive
Get help from experienced contractors
Meet Toolset support team
Toolset Customer Support Policy
Need to tell us something about the quality of support
How to remove personal information from your database for support