Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Rank Math Seo and custom fields

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by David Gimenez 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi there.

I want that rank math seo analyze the custom fields. I'm trying to get the shortcode of each custom field but I think That I'm doing it wrong.

Can you help me?

This is the custom field: [types field='descripcion-del-producto'][/types]

And I want the custom field name to be analized. Any of the following are right?

%%cf_wpcf-descripcion-del-producto%%
%cf_wpcf-descripcion-del-producto%
%wpcf-descripcion-del-producto%

I inserted that name/code in meta and title page setup, but when I analyze de custom post type the seo level of the custom post type don't go better.

Thanks for your help.

Rank Math seo says that custom fields to be analyzed must have this format -> %customfield(field-name)% but i don't know what is the field name:

%customfield(descripcion-del-producto)%
%customfield(wpcf-descripcion-del-producto)%
%customfield(cf_wpcf-descripcion-del-producto)%

Thanks in advanced

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi David,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I may not be of much help with this one since its not a Toolset related issue but more on the Rank Math SEO side.

How we name our custom fields in the database is with the format "wpcf-cust-field-slug". Where you add the wpcf- prefix to the custom field slug.

The Rank Math team will need to best advise you on how to get these fields to work with their system.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane. I'll test it with your suggestion.

Thanks in advanced

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi again Shane. I wrote at rank math support. I copy their answer here... and mine. But it's not solved

------
Hi David,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Can you please try using:
wpcf-descripcion-del-producto

------

Hi again Topdd and thanks a lot for your answer, but it doesn't work.

If I enable the wordpress native description the scores goes to 71%. If I disable wordpress native description and I use my own custom field description the escore goes to 52.

If I use the customfiled like as you said me (wpcf-descripcion-del-producto)... rank math seo ignore it... I think.
------

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

Not sure how best I can assist here because its completely up to the Rank Math SEO plugin to detect these fields.

Its clear that they are not scanning the pages for custom fields like what yoast SEO would do.

For this issue all I can do is to provide you with the name that the custom fields use but try using it without the wpcf- prefix and see if that works.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Sahen.

This is the answer form Rank Math support team... and the url of their answer: hidden link

-------------
We are sorry but the Toolset team will have to add the Content analysis code in their plugin. The Custom fields option in Settings is used to only analyze the default WP Custom fields:

Have you tried getting in touch with them? Quite of few Rank Math users have Asked them to do so already and it would be worth adding your vote too 🙂
-------------
Is it possible to do this?

Thanks Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

I checked with our team and there was a similar issue.

The problem is that this would be considored as an out of scope project. Reason being it would be the responsibility of the Rank Math SEO plugin to pick up our fields.

Yoast does quite a good job of this and they even detect the custom fields that were created using PHP code.

The ticket that was linked to by my team was this below.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/toolset-rankmath-seo-integration/

Based on this you will need to contact a JS developer in order to get this done for you.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

Thanks for your answer...

Honestly ... I think to get the best plugin ... it would be nice to get maximum compatibility with the best SEO plugins and vice versa. If the toolset staff thinks that users should develop code to integrate the best of the best ... I think not. I think that both developers should offer the best solution to their users, and not the users themselves should look for the solution.

Anyway, .. I am very happy with the toolset support. Thanks again

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.