Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Radio field not showing up on backend

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the customer's custom fields were not showing up.

Solution:

Checking this issue the field group was appearing on the Post on the backend but the field was not. It seems that it was being hidden and was the fault of the Jupiter theme. It was recommended that the customer contact the theme's support.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by fifthI 5 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

In the Member post type, i have two radio fields which are not showing up in the add new/edit CPT.

It looks like a bug.

Why is it?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

If you were to add a new radio field to that field group does the issue still remain?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Yes. It keeps NOT showing up.

Even a new one.

the code showing in the page is

<input type="hidden" name="_wptoolset_radios[wpcf-my-radio]" value="1">

with my-radio being the field name.

This is weird

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

Would it be possible to get a duplicator package from your site for further testing?

This way I can verify whether its a bug or just some server issue.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi. I prepared a package with "ALL IN ONE IMPORT" because the duplicator plugin does not allow me to create the archives.

If you have problems with ALL IN ONE IMPORT, let me know because I have the paid version with no limitations and I can install it on your test server so it can import everything.

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

I was able to get the site on my local server and the issue was still there. What I noticed is that the radio fields are there but they are declared as a hidden input type.

Could you let me know if this issue started to occur after the latest update? Or give me an idea of when this started happening.

Thanks
Shane

Correct. This is what i explained. They are there but they are declared as wrong type of <input >

I have no idea, it's a client's website and I never used radio fields before on this website, so I can't tell you if it's a thing that always happened or a thing that just started in the last few updates.

It's the only website i created which also uses maps and views and so on, but i don't think that is the problem.

Do you have the possibility to replicate it on even a fresh install or no?
Because I am quite sure I don't have conflicting plugins but.. :/ who knows

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

Actually it seems that the theme is causing this issue. I switched the jupiter theme and the fields started showing up.

I think its probably an update in Jupiter that caused this.

Could you verify that this is the same on your side. If so I would recommend opening a ticket on the jupiter support forums.

Thanks,
Shane

//edited

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.