Skip Navigation

[Resolved] 'quick edit' button in itermediart post types for non-admin users has dissapeare

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.44 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Author

hello, I have a bit of a complicated problem, so i made a video to explain it here: hidden link

in short, with the latest release of toolset the 'quick edit' button used to edit intermediary post types has disappeared for non-admin users, even though they have permissions to edit the intermediary post.

if you need access to the website to look at what is going on, CLICK HERE to auto log in: hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Thank you for the video, it explains the issue clearly.

I assume, that you are talking about users with the "Rep" role, right?

Please check if this issue appears when:
- Only Toolset plugins are activated. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with another plugin.
- The theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Fourteen. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
If the problem disappears, start activating one at a time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

If this does not help, I would like to take a backup of your website and investigate this locally, let me know if that's possible.

yes, it happens with all plugins deactive and the default theme
here is a link to the duplicator package: hidden link

something must have changed in the toolset update no? no changing of required permissions?

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you for the Duplicator package. I'll still need your help to better understand this issue.

I tried to reproduce it on a clean install but I was not able to get the "Quick Edit" button while on Types 4.3.1. Here What I did:
- Create CPTs "Reps" and "Manufacturers".
- Create a M2M relationship and add some custom fields to the intermediary post.
- Create a custom Role "RepRole" and a user with this role "repuser".
- Manage "Manufacturers" and the "Intermediary post" with Access and give the same permissions as on your website.
- Create two posts and connect them using the admin user.
I was not able to assign any of these posts to "repuser", this makes the "Quick Edit" button not show, and I think it is expected.

So, I am guessing that I missed something that you currently have on your website or maybe I am trying with the wrong role. Can you check our test site and try to reproduce the issue on it? If yes, you can log in with the following URL as an admin
hidden link

The repuser has these credentials
repuser / repuser@123

thank you. to clarify a bit here is another video on how it should work, and what goes wrong
hidden link

here is me trying to use your system to do the same thing:
hidden link
your new website doesnt have the correct permissions so it cant work. in particular the 'rep' user doesnt have access to edit the 'rep' post it owns

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you very much for the feedback. I made it work on our test site by managing Reps CPT with Access. The issue was not reproduced after the update.

So, I went back to my local copy and tried to find the difference between roles and capabilities. I believe that the role "Rep" was not created by Toolset Access, right?

I could not find a fix for this, so, I am approaching our 2nd Tier to get assistance. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

ok thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Jamal is on Vacation. I see the issue you reported is escalated to our next level support and I do not have any news yet to share.

Please hold on for further updates. I'll keep you posted.

thank you

is this still alive?

Jamal
Supporter

Yes, this still in progress within our 2nd Tier queue. Unfortunately, we have had some people absent in support and that left us with too little resources to get this analyzed and fixed.
Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

thanks, let me know

hey guys! it's been a month. on a scale from one to 10 months, how quickly do you think this will be fixed?

I ask because I can't update toolset anymore without it breaking my website. I worry there will be some security release and I won't be able to update.

Jamal
Supporter

We are really sorry for the time that this has taken. The issue is assigned to a developer and is actively working on it and some tests have already been done.

Unfortunately, we, at the support team, do not know when this can be fixed. Hopefully, this will be released very soon.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This issue is fixed with Types version 3.4.4.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
Could you please update ALL Toolset plugins to it's latest officially released version. You can download the latest plugin release from your accounts page:
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.