Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Questions about CRED

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Brad Konia 7 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I have a few questions about CRED:

1. Generic fields have a "Required" option, but I don't see any way to make regular fields required on the CRED form.

2. What's the point of having advanced field types like "Phone Number", if CRED doesn't validate these fields according to their type? For instance, I have a field defined as type, "Phone Number". As a test, I entered "123" in the phone number field. This is obviously not a valid phone number, yet CRED accepted the submission without displaying any errors.

3. For the form submission action, I chose the option to "Display a message instead of the form". The message box indicates you can enter HTML and shortcodes, so I entered a shortcode for a second CRED Form. However, it doesn't work. After submitting the first form, Instead of displaying the second form, it displays the literal shortcode.

1. You can make Fields Required in Toolset > Post Fields > your_group > Edit > your_field > This field is required.

2. This will be respected in CRED forms as well.

3. Only CRED Generic Fields can have the additional Required attribute, because they are not handled in Types.

4. Phone Number Fields can not be validated.

How would you validate them?

Let me show you 2 examples:
Swiss Mobiel Number: 077 233 81 45
Malaysian Fix Net Number: +60 3-2022 2928
etc.

5. It is true that this statement might confuse.
But the CRED GUI button is not present in a CRED Edit Form or Message Editor for the reasons that it will not work.
Forms within Forms are not allowed by HTML.
In a Success message we still are disabling a Form (success message)

Let me know if you have any more doubts, I asked the DEV to specify the GUI instruction regarding the Message.

Thank you

Please let me know if I understood your concerns correctly

I have meanwhile also requested a better messaging on the CRED Success Message Editor section.

Please let me know if you would like to have a request field for Fields made Requested independently from the Field settings itself.

But we can by now already ensure validation of Fields (as example make sure they aren't empty) With CRED Conditional Groups or API validation.

Here is the DOC for this:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-api/#cfv
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-conditional-display-engine/
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/conditional-display-for-form-inputs/

Thank you for your patience.

Thank you, I'm good for now!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.