Skip Navigation

[Closed] Question marks appearing on the frontend

This support ticket is created 3 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Thank you, that was helpful.

I have a different question, but same web site. Not sure if its better to ask here or open a new ticket. I'll ask here and you can decide:

On this page I have a View that on the back end (Block editor) renders correctly but on the front end "?"s are getting inserted into the text, before and after dynamic fields. I've attached a screenshot. I dont know why this is happening or how to fix.

hidden link

You'll likely need to create an account or use one of my dummies to view this page

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

I had a similar issue myself recently, when the problem with the question marks (?) appearing occurred, I went back to edit the Fields and Text block generating that content and deleted then re-inserted the offending space, and that fixed it.

Could you try that and if it doesn't resolve the problem, we'll need to take a copy of your website for further debugging. We would also like to know if you can reproduce the issue with some defined steps or if it appears randomly.

Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 1.59.13 PM.png

I did already try your suggestion, and did again just now but the ?'s still appear.

The Block Editor is SUCH a terrible interface for building anything, it makes it very difficult to edit anything with precision (to locate an 'offending space') . I can't believe anyone actually uses this ridiculous tool (Gutenberg). It's worse than WP Bakery, which is quite an achievement.

In any case, the ?'s appear before and after almost every label and field in the View which makes me think its a Toolset issue.

The issue does appear to be persistent on the front end at least. The ?s dont appear inside the block editor.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Please provide us with a copy of your website as described here https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/
Please use filter to reduce the size of the copy as described in this video around 1:00 hidden link
If Duplicator fails to create a copy, we'll need a database copy/export, plugins, and theme folders, all in a zip file.
Your next reply will be private to let you share the download link safely.

Please create an administrator user for us before taking the copy and share its credentials in your next reply, you can delete the user after that.

The topic ‘[Closed] Question marks appearing on the frontend’ is closed to new replies.