Skip Navigation

[Closed] Question marks appearing on archive template

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hi Jamal,
Were you able to get me a resolution for this one ?

I am also facing an issue where the spaces on my Archive page for Custom Fields are appearing as "Question Marks" (?) and the post title is saving something

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

We have had similar tickets for this question marks issue and it turns out to be an issue that happens when editing the archive template, rather than when visiting in on the frontend.

Go to your archive template and edit the "Fields and Text" blocks and make sure that question marks are not added there.

Check this similar case https://toolset.com/forums/topic/question-marks-appearing-rather-than-spaces-when-using-fields-and-text-block-2/#post-1789119

There are no question marks on the backend in the block itself but it still appears on the front end.

Jamal
Supporter

I just checked the instructors' archive page and I couldn't see the issue anymore. hidden link

I assume that you have updated the archive template and fixed the issue.

Please let me know if you still need assistance with this issue.

Thanks, Yes you are right the issue is resolved now. I am not sure how did it solve by itself but I am glad it is resolved. I will keep the ticket open for one more day and create more instructors to see if the issue doesn't come back.

Jamal
Supporter

Let's set this ticket as waiting for your feedback, which should keep it open for 3 weeks. You will receive notifications before the automatic closure.

The topic ‘[Closed] Question marks appearing on archive template’ is closed to new replies.