Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Question about Forms 2.5.4 Changelog

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by julieP 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

The changelog for the latest version of Forms (2.5.4) says:-
"Fixed expiration times when the expiration period set in the form produces a date out of range"

To help me understand what's been fixed and whether it impacts my sites at all, could you clarify please what is meant by "produces a date out of range" ??

Thanks

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Julie,

Thanks for asking! I'd be happy to help.

We identified an issue earlier, that if a post form was set to assign a very far future expiration date like "99999999 weeks", it wouldn't be possible for PHP code to recognize and process that date successfully and it would assign base Unix epoch time "00:00:00 on 1 January 1970" as that post's expiration date and time.

If such post was then saved/updated from the post edit screen in the admin area, while the editor in use was the classic one and not the new block one, it resulted in a Fatal Error.
( for the full background information, you can read the thread: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/code-error/ )

As you noted from the changelog, the latest Forms release includes a fix for this so that it can safely process those out of range date and time calculations.

To learn about the valid date ranges that PHP can handle calculate, please refer to notes at:
hidden link

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar

Thank you for an excellent and informative response - much appreciated.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.