Skip Navigation

[Resolved] query the selected post type

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Thanks I have created a view however still can't find a solution to the following..

The URL is: hidden link

1 - I would like the view to display the correct post types depending on which selection I make in the drop down. At the moment nothing changes.

2 - Is is possible to exclude post types from displaying that are not a certain field type from the view?

THanks

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

To better assist you with this issue, I'll need to take a closer look at how the view has been built. Would you allow me temporary access to your website, as an administrator? Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

The view was correctly configured. It queries the custom post type "Directory entries" where Directory type is a string equal to Trader. And it has a search filter on the "Trader classifications" custom field. But it did not have a submit button for the search or activate AJAX for it.

I made the search use AJAX and now it filters the view to display posts by the "Trader classifications" custom field. Check this screenshot hidden link

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.