Skip Navigation

[Resolved] QR Code Download

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by aaronW-4 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I created a custom post type and a dashboard where authors can see all of the posts they have created. I added a link called "Download QR Code" that shows beside each of the posts. There are many plugins that generate QR codes for each post, but is there a way to link the "Download QR Code" to the post's QR code image for the user to open it in a new window or force download?

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I would say that it depends on how the 3rd party plugin will generate the link.

If, on the other hand, you use the 3rd party plugin just to generate the image and save it in a Toolset custom field, I'd suggest using the output attribute of the Toolset shortcode to get the URL of the image field:

[types field="my-image" output="raw"][/types]

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.