Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Pulling API data from other sites

This support ticket is created 7 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 7 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I have multiple different tools that are used to do business every day. It has been impossible to find a tool that does everything. Almost every software tool we use has an open API. Most are cloud based.

I was thinking if I could pull information from the tools into wordpress I could use wordpress to create relevant views that would contain information from multiple places.

For instance we have techs that put time in on projects and put time in working a support desk. I would love to pull that data from both and have a view that easily shows the combined data. It get seven deeper but that's the concept. Am I trying to fit a round peg in a square hole or is this possible?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Ted,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Unfortunately no this wouldn't be possible because our views plugin uses the wordpress default functions to perform the queries.

This means that the data will need to be stored in the website's local tables in order for views to retrieve them and search.

Thanks,
Shane

Any ideas on a product or tool that is designed to build a web based portal like I am describing? I know this is outside toolset but I am not even sure where to begin with this.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Ted,

Unfortunately no i'm not aware of such tools. It seems like you will need to do something custom in order to achieve this.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.