Skip Navigation

[Resolved] published post won't show up on

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by yosukeS 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

After I submit the post to display, it doesn't know show on the view.
It shows on a single post view. I just doesn't display on list view on the top page

I have one custom pulldown field, visibility. Basically let the author to choose the post is visible for public or not on the top page search. I set the default as 1 (visible) so when the author creates the post, it automatically set as visible. However, It seem that it only shows up if I manually open the same post and update the post (without changing the visibility settings).

What am I doing wrong?

This is the direct link to the view.
hidden link

By the way, if there is a better to control post visibility for public, please give me some advice. I was thinking about custom post status to manage... but so far I haven't be able to implement it.

Each post has certain expiration date, and after that, it does to draft status, but I would like let the author change the status(after payment) if they want to. (everything happens only the front end. My users never access to wordpress dashboard).

If you need admin access please let me know.

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

You have a form to publish posts which includes a select dropdown custom field that defaults to the option with value = 1, and then you display such a post using a View, and that View includes a query filter to only output posts with that custom field setting, yes? And the published posts are not displaying until after you save the posts in the backend?

It sounds like a caching problem of the View, but I just tested the same scenario on my own local test site, and it worked as expected.

Can I get access to your site for a closer look at the set up?

I will mark your next reply as private so that I can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site.

Which is the form that publishes the posts?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Sorry for the delay getting back to you, I had a public holiday yesterday.

Users are creating the public listings with the form "Create child post(public info)", correct?

Even though you registered a Types field "List Visibility", in the form rather than use that field directly, you have inserted a generic field for this input.

There are two problems with that. First, a Types custom field is stored with a "wpcf-" prefix, so the field slug for the generic field would need to be "wpcf-list-visibility" to match. Second, generic fields are not saved, they are disposable fields whose values are expected to be used elsewhere in the form (via JS) or in some backend processing (PHP) after the form is submitted. You can make a generic field be saved by adding the option "persist":1.

But unless there is a particular reason for you to use a generic field, you would be better advised to delete it and insert the Types field itself.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.