Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Products as post type missing

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Control Woocommerce product post type with Toolset Types plugin.

Solution:

The product post type is created with Woocommerce plugin, Types plugin can not modify it.

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by vinayk-2 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Building new site.
Looks like everything we need installed, but post type Products missing under Toolset > Post Types.

Hello,

How do you setup/create the post type "Products"?
If it is created by other plugins, for example Woocommerce plugin, then this is expected result, it won't be displayed in Toolset Post types list.

You can not use Types plugin to manage post types created with other plugins, unless they are converted under Types control, see our document:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/convert-existing-custom-types-and-fields-to-types-control/

Products taken over.png

There was earlier a way to take over post type.
Don't remember how?

The product post type is created with Woocommerce plugin, Types plugin can not modify it.

I have tried the latest version of Toolset Types plugin, there isn't product post type in the list.

Do you have any clue to reproduce the screenshot you mentioned above? which version of Toolset Types plugin take over product post type?

Can't recall the process, it was 5 years ago. Types version probably 1.7.
Still wish to manage post type.

I have checked the Types change logs page:
https://toolset.com/download/toolset-types/#changelog
The oldest version of Types plugin I can find is version 1.8.3.

And I have tried it in my localhost with a the latest version of WP installation + Woocommerce plugin, it triggers PHP errors when activate it.

So obviously, it won't work with the latest version of WordPress and Wocommerce plugin.

Since there isn't such kind of feature within the latest version of Toolset Types plugin, if you agree, I can escalate this issue as a feature request, our developers will evaluate, but there won't be any ETA or Guarantee to implement it.

There is a lot of things, i have to remove from product.
So yes, request the feature please.

Thanks for the confirmation, I have escalated it as a feature request, our developers will evaluate it.

Thanks!
Hope the feature will be available by the end of year.

Hi @luo Yang,
I am wondering if the Toolset team built this feature. I am in the need to build the relationship between Toolset Posts and WooCommerce Products using Toolset type. But I can't view the WooCommerce products in post types list in the toolset.

Is this available yet? Has anyone found a solution?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.