Skip Navigation

[Resolved] product slider

This support ticket is created 5 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 5 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi Shane,

I created a slider of woocommerce product using views plugin. I try ti use flexslider as you suggest me.
In the content of the slider there is the feature image, a date and a button.

I need to use the flexslider as you suggest me for the gallery.
But in this case it does not works. Can you help me?

I've yet create a slider, but I need to use flexslider because it allow me to move from a slide to another one with the mobile touch and no clickin on next/previus.

If you need I can share with you the access to explain my problem show you where I have to add this product slider.

Thank you

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Domenico,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Which images from the post will be displayed using the flex slider?

Also yes please provide the credentials for the site as well as an example link.

Secondly a clear description of the issue so that I can understand exactly what you want to achieve.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Domenico,

So essentially you want each of the product's featured image to be in the slider correct?

Flexslider should be the one to do this right ?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Yes Shane, not only the feature image but also the date and the button.

All the follw content should be scrool;

<div><a href="[wpv-post-url]">[wpv-post-featured-image]</a></div>
[wpv-conditional if="( $(wpcf-feature-tour) gt '1' )"]<a href="[wpv-post-url]"><div class="view-feature-tour">[types field='feature-tour'][/types]</div> </a>[/wpv-conditional]
<div class="view-item-date">[types field="partenze" index="0" format="l d F"][/types]<br />
[types field='durata-del-soggiorno'][/types]</div>
<button class="view-item-button"><a href="[wpv-post-url]">Scopri il tour</a></button>

My final aim is to have the same view but with a touch scroll on mobile and not with the buttons, as I done with my gallery images.
Of course, now I've not only images but also other item (date, button, ecc)

Shane
Supporter

Hi Dominico,

So you essentially want a flexslider like this one below ?
hidden link

Where the text is there as well, this can hold the date information.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Yes Shane, but what I need realy is that on mobile the item scroll with the touch and not clicking on the button.
This is my real aim

If we use flexslider or an other way is not a problem for me

I see is possible to use some CSS tag to have the horiontal scroll with touch, but I didn't find any solution at the moment.
Some css to add to the view? what you think?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Domenico,

I dont think flexslider will work well for this as i've tested and its not displaying the items as expected. See link below.
hidden link

Unfortunately I can't think of a way to get this working since flexslider is not one of our products.

Next for the touch usage on our sliders I would recommend seeking advise from one of our the contractors registered on our site to get help with this as it will involve some custom coding.
https://toolset.com/contractors/

Also what you can do is to open a feature request ticket for this as well so that our developers can add this feature in a future release.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.