Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Problems importing relationships with WP Allimport addon

This support ticket is created 5 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Toolset1.PNG
toolset 2.PNG
toolset 3.PNG

I am trying to: import new child posts and at the same time establish relationships between those child posts and multiple parents.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Not visible on front end... will attach some images to show.

I expected to see: just to have parent child relationships created with parents listed in fields which were being imported.

Instead, I got: relationships established with nominated parents but a parent-child relationship created with a seemingly random post where the field in the import was empty... (I had allowed up to 9 potential parents and only some child posts had that many parents.

The first image shows the import settings,
the second the results of the import,
the third shows the backend view of the child post.

For purposes of background:

So I just migrated to the new relationships structure and set up a new post type "Funding Event" which was to be the child of 1 parent "company Profile" and the child of potentially many parents "Partner".

I imported a file to create the Partner posts... a total of almost 500 partners.

I was doing a test run to make sure I got the settings right with 9 funding events.

The funding events in my test run had between 1 and 8 partners... after many attempts I got those to set up the appropriate relationships... I then noticed that where the partners field was blank... a relationship was created between the new child post and a seemingly random post from over 3 years ago: post #4569.

Any ideas on how I can avoid this problem?

On a side note it would be easier if the WPAllimport addon enabled multiple values to be imported from the one field, separated with commas rather than having to have each parent value in a separate field.

I hope you can help.

Cheers

Peter

BTW I am hosted with WPEngine and cannot grant duplicator access

The site is password protected - set up the same as the WP Admin login details

Hi, as a quick test can you try replacing those empty values with 0 (the number zero) in the next CSV batch import? I would like to know if an invalid explicit ID produces the same issue.

Christian that works but is a clumsy work around....

Hopefully resolved when it comes out of Beta...

I would also prefer to see the plugin changed so you can import relationships to multiple posts by having them in the one field, just separated by a comma rather than having to put each in a separate field.

Thanks for your help.

Christian that works but is a clumsy work around....
Okay thank you for testing that and confirming. May I ask for a copy of your CSV file so I can try to get this fixed? You can upload to any file sharing service and send me a download link. All URLs are obscured here in the forum by default.

I would also prefer to see the plugin changed so you can import relationships to multiple posts by having them in the one field, just separated by a comma rather than having to put each in a separate field.
Understood. We have a separate process for handling these requests. Please submit your requests here: https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/
That form is submitted directly to our Product designers.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.