Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Problems creating Custom search View in Block editor

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi Christian,

Thank you for your prompt and detailed answer.
I agree, it is not a good idea to try to hook two views together...

So I rebuilt the same Custom Search View with Toolset Blocks (Toolset Views Beta), because I saw in one of the videos, that it was possible to configure images to open a lightbox. So I chose that option for the images link, but the lightbox displays the same image, for any of the looped images... Is there a way to fix that and also to configure the lightbox to be full screen?

Further, there is no option to update the output with Ajax when switching filters. The image size option chosen in the block editor does not work : OK in the preview but not in the actual page (see link below)

Also, the view generated via the Block Editor is not quite compatible with Elementor :
- the image size option chosen in the block editor does not work, or sometimes - in a Elementor Preview f.i.
- the ajax pagination works in a block editor preview, but not in an Elementor Preview or page

Hopefully these flaws are part of the beta - todos ?

The Elementor page has the first View (without block editor) on top ( with ajax filters and pagination); then below it the second View (Block editor) with page reloading filters - submit button - and pagination; at the bottom, anexample of non dynamic Elementor Slider.
To see the Elementor page : hidden link
To see the Block Editor View : hidden link

I just uploaded it, so you might have to wait a bit to see it properly...

Thank you for your help,
Francois De Grandi

Yes, I would chalk most of these up to beta issues. We have another beta plugin release coming up soon, so I would like to test this process again when that beta is out. Just remember that we don't recommend using the beta plugins on live sites.

Ok Christian,

I will not use the beta version on the production site.

For now, I have decided to separate the Slideshow from the Custom Search : the Slideshow is displaying a set of slides in an Elementor widget ; and the Custom Search remains the Toolset view created the old way (no lightbox and swithes with AJAX) - without toolset Blocks.

I will wait until the stable version of Toosel views 3 is out, anf than try to see if I can buld the Custom Search with blocks and have the proper Lightbox consequently.

I cross my fingers... Thank you for yous help. Cheers!
François De Grandi

Okay great, thanks for your patience and understanding. Cheers!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.