Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Problem with update Toolset Types

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The Types 3 migration wizard fails with the following message (+ PHP errors):

"Oops! There's been a problem when upgrading Toolset data structures. Please make sure your current configuration allows WordPress to alter database tables.If the problem persists, please don't hesitate to contact our support with this technical information:"

Solution:
The issue is solved with an update to Types 3.0.1 as described in the linked erratum

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/errata/error-notice-after-upgrading-to-types-3-0/

This support ticket is created 5 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.44 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 5 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to: update plugin.

------------------

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

After update I have on admin panel:

Oops! There's been a problem when upgrading Toolset data structures. Please make sure your current configuration allows WordPress to alter database tables.If the problem persists, please don't hesitate to contact our support with this technical information:

Changed type of spzzjj_toolset_type_sets.id from bigint(20) unsigned to BIGINT(20) UNSIGNED Changed type of spzzjj_toolset_type_sets.set_id from bigint(20) unsigned to BIGINT(20) UNSIGNED Changed type of spzzjj_toolset_type_sets.type from varchar(20) to VARCHAR(20) Table 'amidprestige_11.spzzjj_toolset_relationships' doesn't exist Table 'amidprestige_11.spzzjj_toolset_relationships' doesn't exist Table 'amidprestige_11.spzzjj_toolset_relationships' doesn't exist Table 'amidprestige_11.spzzjj_toolset_relationships' doesn't exist Duplicate column name 'relationship_id' Can't DROP 'relationship'; check that column/key exists Duplicate key name 'relationship_id' The m2m-v1 database structure upgrade to m2m-v2 seems to have failed.

-------------------

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

After update I have on admin panel:

Oops! There's been a problem when upgrading Toolset data structures. Please make sure your current configuration allows WordPress to alter database tables.If the problem persists, please don't hesitate to contact our support with this technical information:

Changed type of mmzjzjz_toolset_type_sets.id from bigint(20) unsigned to BIGINT(20) UNSIGNED Changed type of mmzjzjz_toolset_type_sets.set_id from bigint(20) unsigned to BIGINT(20) UNSIGNED Changed type of mmzjzjz_toolset_type_sets.type from varchar(20) to VARCHAR(20) Table 'motomed.mmzjzjz_toolset_relationships' doesn't exist Table 'motomed.mmzjzjz_toolset_relationships' doesn't exist Table 'motomed.mmzjzjz_toolset_relationships' doesn't exist Table 'motomed.mmzjzjz_toolset_relationships' doesn't exist Duplicate column name 'relationship_id' Can't DROP 'relationship'; check that column/key exists Duplicate key name 'relationship_id' The m2m-v1 database structure upgrade to m2m-v2 seems to have failed.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

I'd like to get a copy of your site to pass to our developers so that they can look at this straight away, and I will mark your next reply as private so that I can get site credentials from you.

Can you please confirm, when did this happen?

As soon as you updated, or when running the migration wizard?

What did you update from? Types 2.3 or one of the Types 3.0 betas?

It happened as soon as I updated plugin.
I update from Types 2.3.

Nigel
Supporter

I could see the issue on your site and so I installed Duplicator and took a copy of the site and installed it locally.

I could also see the error initially.

As a quick check I disabled all plugins except Types 3.0 and switched theme to twentyseventeen and the error message disappeared.

I reverted theme and re-activated plugins and the error message did not return.

Could you please try de-activating other plugins and switching theme temporarily on your own site to see if that resolves the error?

Yes, I can do it.
But maybe by night. When my client don't use his websites.

Are my theme and plugins settings save when I do it?

Best regards!
Zbyszek Z.

Nigel
Supporter

Yes, you won't lose any settings just be de-activating and re-activating plugins and themes, but in such cases it is always advisable to make sure you have a current backup before you start testing.

Hi there,
I'm receiving a similar error message. I deactivated all plugins except Types 3.0 and changed my theme to 2017 but I still see the same error message.

Changed type of wp_toolset_type_sets.id from bigint(20) unsigned to BIGINT(20) UNSIGNED Changed type of wp_toolset_type_sets.set_id from bigint(20) unsigned to BIGINT(20) UNSIGNED Changed type of wp_toolset_type_sets.type from varchar(20) to VARCHAR(20) Table 'pantheon.wp_toolset_relationships' doesn't exist Table 'pantheon.wp_toolset_relationships' doesn't exist Table 'pantheon.wp_toolset_relationships' doesn't exist Table 'pantheon.wp_toolset_relationships' doesn't exist Duplicate column name 'relationship_id' Can't DROP 'relationship'; check that column/key exists Duplicate key name 'relationship_id' The m2m-v1 database structure upgrade to m2m-v2 seems to have failed.

New threads created by Christian Cox and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/problem-with-update-toolset-types-table-wp_toolset_relationships-doesnt-exist/

Hi Nigel,
I just did it what you suggest me on hidden link.
It's a pity it didn't help me :((

Best regards!
Zbyszek

Hi zbyszekZ, Nigel is out for the day but will return tomorrow to continue assisting you with this ticket. He already has the cloned files, so he should be able to escalate this problem quickly.

Thanks Christian.
I will waiting for your next suggestions 🙂

Nigel
Supporter

Our developers have had a hard time identifying exactly what the cause of this issue (reported by several users) is, but think they have found it.

They are currently testing an update to Types to fix the issue.

If you want you can try testing the fix with this version of Types: hidden link

Note, this hasn't gone through full testing yet. If you want to install it you should make sure you have a full backup prior first in case you find anything goes wrong.

If you do try it, please let me know if it resolves the problem, thanks.

But tell me please before...
Should I just delete last version from my sites and then upload this one?

Nigel
Supporter

Yes, you can't upload a plugin with the same name as one already installed, you will have to delete the previous version first, but do that only when you have taken a backup.

You won't lose and content or settings by deleting then re-installing Types.

It seems that it helped on motomed.com.pl site! 🙂
I have to check it on swietokrzyskapolana.pl site too but in the night.

Nigel
Supporter

Great! I'll pass that back to the developers.

Let me know when you get to try with the second site.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.