Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Problem with Toolset Maps

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Toolset map not working or map is not displaying on page

Solution:
you must try to create new browser key and make sure that following APIs are enabled in order to make Toolset map work:
- Google Maps Geolocation API
- Google Maps JavaScript API
- Google Places API Web Service

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/maps-coordinates-not-rendered-in-output/#post-419559

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 28 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by poM 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

poM

Hi,

I'm afraid I have closed the previous ticket to early...

Maps address fields do not display as expected neither on a view page (hidden link) nor on a content type page (hidden link) though the content is correcty located in the content edit form.

Here is the code I use in the content template :

[wpv-map-render map_id='map-etablissement' map_width='100%' map_height='600px']

[wpv-map-marker map_id='map-etablissement' marker_id='marker-etablissement' marker_field='wpcf-adresse'][/wpv-map-marker]

Any idea ?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

1)
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as with the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

2)
Could you please activate WP_DEBUG from wp-config.php file and send me possible errors for review.

Do you see any javascript error on your browser console?

3)
Have you added google map API key?

4)
*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

poM

My reply has not been submitted so let's do it again...

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

1)
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as with the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

Deactivating other plugins didn't fix the problem. Changing theme is impossible as content templates are not available for the default theme.

2)
Could you please activate WP_DEBUG from wp-config.php file and send me possible errors for review.

Only PHP notices :
Notice: La méthode du constructeur appelée pour WP_Widget dans Pm4wp_Widget est obsolète depuis la version 4.3.0 ! Utilisez

__construct()

à la place. in /var/www/vhosts/alpclic-dev.fr/httpdocs/_wp_ancdgp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3718 BESbswyBESbswy Strict Standards: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, non-static method GD_reCAPTCHA::append_css() should not be called statically in /var/www/vhosts/alpclic-dev.fr/httpdocs/_wp_ancdgp/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 525

Do you see any javascript error on your browser console?

No JS errors.

3)
Have you added google map API key?

Of course, otherwise not possible to edit address field.

4)
*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

poM

I am also trying to set view exposed filters but it doesn't work neither :
hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

I see something weird behaviour. When I tried to change map key on map settings page its redirecting to framework integration page - really strange.

I even tried to deactivate all third party plugins and with default theme but no luck. Something strange.

I would suggest you should try to check your issue on the different server with minimum setup (Toolset plugins + default theme) and try to first simple map using following guide first:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/

poM

My Google Maps key is correct.

The web site is hosted on a VPS that respects your requirements (https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/).

There is something weird with your plugin : how do you explain that such an internal functionality like filtering a view is not working ?

Even a simple Gmap with a static marker does not display correctly : hidden link.

I am working on a project for a customer and have no time to play around with a non functional plugin that represents 10% of the functionalities I have to implement.

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - I understand your concern but in order to find the root cause of the issue.

I see that some issues with Avada + google map:
hidden link

I would like to have FTP access details so what I can activate WP_DEBUG and check error log to review that will help me to track possible errors.

Minesh
Supporter

1)
Could you please tell me at what FTP path I can see the project files?

2)
Regarding filtering your filter issue - May I kindly ask you to open a new ticket for your each new question, this will help other users searching on the forum. - Thank you for your understanding.

Minesh
Supporter

Thank you for sharing FTP info and file path.

I see wired issue - when on my local test when you start typing in map address field it will display autocomplete with relative results and once you select any result it will display map:

See this screenshot: hidden link

But on your install - I can not see autocomplete when I type there must be wrong, I do not see any map related error on console. I would request you to please go through your API key setup once and double check everything is OK.

Even I tried disabling all plugins as well as with default theme on your current testing setup, there is no change. There must be something related to API key or server.

poM
gmap_api_key.jpg

I have removed URL restrictions from my Google developer console, I don't know what I can do more...

I have no error in my server's Apache logs.

Gmap shows correctly on product edit page, I don't undestand why it doesn't do so on frontend...

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please send me full screenshot of your google map API key, I would like to see which domain you have configured.

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please try to add API domain as and check:

*.alpclic-dev.fr/* 

If still you get issue - you need to check with different server as I do not able to reproduce this issue on my local.

poM

Hi,

Done but not better.

Instead of asking me to "change server", would you please tell me if there are some specific PHP settings that should be implemented ?

I use a standard CentOS 6 VPS with Apache 2 and MySQL 5.

I manage Prestashop, Drupal, Joomla! and WordPress projects on this kind of server with no issue.

Minesh
Supporter

Please hold on - I've asked help from our 2nd tier. I'll get back to you as soon as I know more.

poM

OK, thanks.

Stuck in my project until this plugin works...

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.